📚 📁⬆

The Day I Learned to Share the Spotlight

The Day I Learned to Share the Spotlight

我学会分享聚光灯的一天

A bright, sunny afternoon at Willowdale Elementary, the school auditorium buzzed with excitement.

在柳树小学的明亮午后,礼堂里热闹非凡。

The upcoming talent show would feature singing, dancing, and dramatic readings, all under the dazzling lights of the stage.

即将到来的才艺表演将有歌唱、舞蹈和戏曲朗诵,所有节目都在舞台的璀璨灯光下进行。

I was thrilled to be part of the chorus, but my best friend Lily had been chosen to play the lead in the short play.

我很高兴能加入合唱团,但我的好朋友莉莉被选为短剧的主角。

age5

1. The Big Auditions

1. 大型彩排

The auditorium was a sea of eager children, all holding their cue cards.

礼堂里坐满了兴奋的孩子们,手里拿着提示卡。

I practiced my singing a hundred times, feeling the warm glow of anticipation.

我的歌声练习了好几个小时,迎着温暖的光线。

Meanwhile, Lily rehearsed her lines, her bright smile making everyone laugh.

莉莉练习台词,灿烂笑容让大家都开怀大笑。

The director, Mrs.

老师芬奇女士点头称赞我们的努力。

Finch, nodded approvingly at our hard work.

当彩排开始,我唱了一首欢快的调子,让观众热烈鼓掌。

When the auditions began, I sang a cheerful tune that made the audience clap loudly.

2. Choosing the Lead

2. 选举主角

After the auditions, Mrs.

彩排结束后,芬奇女士宣布莉莉是剧本的明星。

Finch announced Lily as the star of the play.

我的心微微沉了一下,但我为她感到骄傲。

My heart sank a little, but I felt proud of her.

她总是第一个上台表演的人。

She was always the first to volunteer on stage.

排练时我悄悄给她加油,看到大家都期待她发光。

I whispered encouragements to her as she practiced the opening scene.

Our classmates cheered, wanting to see Lily shine.

3. The Unexpected Glow

3. 意外的光芒

During the first rehearsal, the lights flickered, and a lone spotlight fell on a small corner of the stage.

第一次合练时,灯光闪烁,舞台角落出现了一束孤独的聚光灯。

It caught the back of my eyes, and a bright, warm glow shone across the floor.

它映在我眼角,让我感觉全世界都在注视着我。

I felt like everyone was watching my every move.

温暖的光线像是为别人准备的。

The spotlight seemed more like a spotlight for someone else, though.

4. The Decision

4. 选择

Lily noticed the small spotlight and invited me to join her in a small duet during the play.

莉莉注意到了这束光,邀请我在剧中与她合唱一段短暂的小合唱。

I was nervous but excited about this surprise opportunity.

我既紧张又兴奋,决定抓住这个机会。

Together, we sang a song about teamwork and friendship.

我们一起唱了一首关于团队与友情的歌。

The audience responded with applause, and our teachers nodded with approval.

观众热烈鼓掌,老师们也点头称赞。

The spotlight shone on us together, making us feel both seen and safe.

聚光灯照在我们身上,给了我们安全感。

5. The Big Moment

5. 大结局

On the big day, the auditorium filled with parents, neighbors, and teachers.

表演当天,礼堂里坐满了家长、邻居和老师。

We stood at the edge of the stage, feeling the music grow louder.

我们站在舞台边缘,听着音乐越来越响亮。

Lily and I took our places as the spotlight warmed our cheeks.

莉莉和我照亮了聚光灯的温度。

When we performed our small duet, our friends sang along and clapped.

当我们表演小合唱时,朋友们高声合唱并鼓掌。

The crowd cheered, and the applause felt like a warm hug.

掌声如同温暖的拥抱。

6. The Shared Spotlight

6. 分享光芒

After the final curtain call, the director smiled and gave a thumbs‑up to both of us.

最终落幕后,导演微笑点头,为我们两人点赞。

I realized that sharing the spotlight made the performance brighter for everyone.

我明白,分享聚光灯让演出更灿烂。

Lily and I high‑fived each other, laughing together.

莉莉和我互相击掌大笑。

We learned that being part of a team means helping each other shine.

我们意识到成为团队的一员意味着互相照亮。

That day, I discovered that the best light is the one we share with our friends.

那一天,我发现最好的光是与朋友们共享的光。

Vocabulary

词汇

1. Auditions – a test to see if someone can perform onstage.

1. 彩排 - 为上台表演做的测试。

2. Lead – the most important role in a play.

2. 主角 - 戏剧中最重要的角色。

3. Spotlight – a bright light focused on a performer.

3. 聚光灯 - 聚焦在表演者上的强光。

4. Duet – a song performed by two people.

4. 小合唱 - 两个人一起唱的歌曲。

5. Curtain call – the moment performers come back onstage after a show.

5. 落幕 - 演出结束后演员们再次上台的时刻。

No image

Quiz

小测

No image