The Little Stone on the Great Wall
长城上的小石头
A small stone tells its story of courage, patience, and history along the Great Wall of China.
一块小石头讲述它在长城上的勇气、耐心和历史的故事。
age6

A small stone tells its story of courage, patience, and history along the Great Wall of China.
一块小石头讲述它在长城上的勇气、耐心和历史的故事。

I was born deep in a mountain long ago, carved by the wind and washed by the rain.
我诞生在一座山的深处,被风雕刻,被雨洗刷。
One day, workers with kind faces and strong arms lifted me from the earth.
一天,几个面带善意的工人把我从土地里抬了起来。
They told me I would help build something called the Great Wall.
他们说,我将帮助建造一座叫“长城”的东西。
I felt scared to leave my mountain home but also curious about my new purpose.
我离开山的家很害怕,但也充满好奇。
As they carried me away, I wondered what “Great” really meant.
当他们把我抬走时,我在想,“长”到底意味着什么。

The journey was long and bumpy.
旅程又长又颠簸。
I traveled in a wooden cart beside hundreds of other stones.
我和数百块石头一起坐在木车里。
We whispered to each other, wondering what kind of wall could need so many of us.
我们彼此低语,猜想要什么样的墙才需要这么多石头。
When we reached the worksite, I saw mountains stretch like dragons across the horizon.
当我们到达工地时,我看到群山像龙一样延伸在地平线上。
The builders stacked stones carefully, one by one, forming a wall that climbed the hills like a sleeping giant.
工人们小心地一块块堆叠着石头,筑起一座像睡着的巨人一样的长城。

They placed me between two large stones, high above the ground.
他们把我放在两块大石头之间,高高地堆在墙上。
I felt the weight of history press upon me.
我感受到了历史的重量。
For years, I stood under the blazing sun, freezing winds, and falling snow.
多年间,我站在炽热的阳光下,寒冷的风中,和飘落的雪里。
Travelers walked upon me, soldiers guarded from my height, and children laughed as they ran along the wall.
旅人从我身上走过,士兵从我头顶守卫,孩子们在我身边欢笑。
I realized that “Great” wasn’t about size — it was about lasting forever.
我明白了,“长”并不是长度,而是永恒。

Centuries passed, and I saw empires rise and fall.
世纪更替,我见证了王朝的兴衰。
Some people forgot the names of the builders, but they never forgot the Wall.
有些人忘记了建造者的名字,但没有人忘记长城。
Plants grew in the cracks, and birds built nests near me.
植物在缝隙中生长,鸟儿在我身旁筑巢。
Though my edges were worn smooth, I still stood proudly.
虽然我的棱角被磨平了,但我依然自豪地站着。
I was no longer afraid — I was part of something bigger than myself.
我不再害怕——因为我属于更伟大的东西。

Now, when visitors touch me, I feel their wonder and respect.
如今,当游客触摸我时,我能感受到他们的敬意和惊叹。
I whisper stories to those who listen closely — stories of courage, teamwork, and dreams carved in stone.
我轻声对那些认真倾听的人讲述——勇气、合作与梦想的故事。
I may be small, but I helped hold up something mighty.
虽然我很小,但我撑起了伟大的长城。
The Great Wall and I are both old now, but together, we remind the world that even the smallest piece matters.
如今我和长城都已年迈,但我们共同提醒着世界:最小的一块也同样重要。
